Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hope

Esperanza=Hope. What is it? Why does it exist? Is it a figment of our imagination? If there are doctors out there who can prescribe pills that act as placebos, then doesn't the same exist mentally with the idea of hope? I mean this in the sense that we can override the hopelessness and put ourselves in an improved mental state.

So bad things happen. Bad things happen to good people, people like you and me. If something unfair happens to us, it can shake our faith. So being good people, are we supposed to forgive, forget, and act like nothing happened? Do bad people have bad things happen to them? Or is this process the way by which good people become bad? I'm realizing that loosing faith in mankind due to bad experiences will inevitably turn a good person bad if bad things keep occurring or if the severity of the bad thing is extreme.

I see myself as a good and happy person. One who won't let others determine my happiness. Sure, happiness is relative, especially if something bad recently happened to you, but with time, you can dare to hope again. For this is the only true way people can heal and improve their situation, which is the best way to live. Survive, and push on.

It doesn't really matter what our trials are, we have to pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off, and keep going. For instance, I am the type that needs to heal as I walk. As much as it might help to pick myself back up, heal, and then start walking, I need the walking in order to heal. I need to feel like there is a reason to heal, and me walking towards it will allow me to heal.

Moral of the story, as much as you might feel you lose hope, you haven't, you've just lost sight of it. As frustrating as it seems, and as hopeless as you may feel, time will fix your problems. I feel like the best way to be is to be the type of person who is proactively doing something to better your situation. How can we proactively wait? It's oxymoronic in its sense.

Here's to hope. If we must patiently wait to obtain it, let's do so proactively.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment